A delighful georgian gatelodge on the Westmeath / Longford border
Ballymahon 4Km*Mullingar 25 Km *Athlone 25 Km *Dublin 108 Km * Dublin Airport 113 Km
Savills and James L.Murtagh are delighted to present Forgney Lodge. This is an attractive, well proportioned former gate lodge built in c.1860 to serve the main entrance to Newcastle House. Newcastle House was once the seat of King Harman family who owned the largest estate in Co. Longford in the 19th century. Nearby is the church of St.Munis - the present building replaced the church where writer Oliver Goldsmith born in 1728 in nearby Pallas was baptised.
The property has been beautifully maintained over the years retaining its early period and architectural form. A detached three-bay single storey dwelling which is immaculate both inside and out. Accommodation consists of entrance hall, corridor hall, back hall, atrium, drawing room, kitchen & utility, 3 bedrooms (master en-suite) and bathroom. Situated on a quiet cul-de-sac, set back from the road on c.2 acres of mature, manicured gardens, located 4 km southeast of Ballymahon.
Floor area 176.062 sq.m / 1895.11sq.ft approx.
Entrance Hall ( 8m x 4m ) Fire Surround
Corridor Hall ( 4.2m x 1m )
Back Hall ( 1.5m x 4.1 m )
Atrium (3.1 m x 3.1 m ) Gothic Style Glazing
Drawing Room ( 5.58 m x 4.5 m ) Panelled walls, radiator cabinets, wooden bolection mounded fireplace, wood burning stove
Dining Room ( 5.4 m x 4.5 m ) Pannelled walls , solid fuel stove, stone bolection mounded fireplace
Kitchen & Utility ( 5m x 4.4 m ) Stone tile floors
Master Bedroom (4.3 m x 3.3 m ) Built in gothic style wardrobes
Master En-Suite (1.3 m x 2.1 m ) Underfloor heating, heated towel rail, shower, WHB & W.C
Bedroom 2 (4.5m x 3.7 m ) Built in mirrored wardrobes
Bedroom 3 ( 3.4m x 3.1 m ) Built in wardrobes
Main Bathroom (3.3m x 2.2 m ) Vanity unit , W.C, Bidet, Bath with electric shower, tiled floor
Zoned Underfloor heating throughout Property
Oil fired central heating
Well Water with treatment system
Main Water also available
Fixtures and Fittings
All fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale including: garden statuary, light fittings, and other removable fittings, although some may be available by separate negotiation.
BER Details - BER F - BER No.108778184
Forgney Lodge is located beside Newcastle Wood which will be transformed into Ballymahon Forest Center Parcs site. This is a mixed woodland of 395 hectare to both sides of the river Inny, a main tributary of the Shannon. Newcastle wood was once part of the Newcastle Demense, an estate owned and run by the King-Harmon family in the 1800's.
The property is also centrally located to all midland towns with both Mullingar and Athlone only 25 Km away and just over 100 Km to Dublin.
From Dublin travel west on the M4 /N4 towards Mullingar and take the R392 (Ballymahon Road) and continue through Moyvore village past Forgney Church approx. 1 mile after take turn to left (sign posted) property is on left (cul-de-sac) From Ballymahon continue out the R392 (Mullingar Road) approx.3 miles out this road turn to the right and property is on the left (cul-de-sac).
*Currency rates are updated daily at approximately 01:00 GMT | Property Reference Number: GBCOUNDUY170008
20 Dawson Street
+ 353 (0) 1 663 4350