An Impressive 18th Century manor house sitting at the head of a long surrounded by stunning gardens and grounds. In all about 63.57 acres. Further cottages, stables and paddocks available by separate neogotiation.
Peplow is a small hamlet located approximately 13 miles north east of Shrewsbury. There are a number of towns accessible for amenities, theatre, restaurants and recreational facilities as well as a number of good schools in both the private and public sector such as Shrewsbury School and Shrewsbury High School. In the public sector, Newport Grammar and High School are about ten miles distant.
Transportation links are also good with access to the M6 and M54, a high speed rail link from Stafford to London Euston (about 1 hour 20 minutes) and a number of international airports such as Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester.
Peplow Hall is an exquisitely beautiful country house, dating from 1725 and set in magnificent gardens and grounds. The main house exudes elegance with its beautiful light panelled reception rooms and bedrooms together with the practical comforts of modern day living, with its large well presented kitchen and adjacent family sitting room.
It is clear that over the years a great deal of thought has gone into creating the fabulous gardens at Peplow, with a great eye for colour, shape and strategic planting to ensure that there is colour throughout the year. The gardens extend to about ten acres with wonderful Azaleas,Rhododendrons, Roses, herbaceous borders and its own fully enclosed walled garden, running down to the seven acre lake.
The current Peplow Hall was built in 1725 by Hugh Pigot, replacing an old manor house on the site. The estate was subsequently sold to the Clegg family, but unfortunate financial difficulties led them to sell again to a wealthy potteries industrialist called Francis Stanier, and it was Francis Stanier who greatly enlarged the Hall in 1877, along with building the adjacent Epiphany Chapel (not owned). In the 1930s the Hall was substantially reduced in size to its current form.
It should be noted that in the original sale particulars we had offered lot 1 with an enlarged area of land extending to 102 acres including Garden House and Orchard Croft. The additional 29.5 acres (Lot 2F) and Orchard Croft and Garden House (Lot 2B) could still be available separately. Further details available on request. Please refer to the lotting plan.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property
*Currency rates are updated daily at approximately 01:00 GMT | Property Reference Number: GBWMRSTES120054
+44 (0) 1952 239 500
33 Margaret Street
+44 (0) 20 7016 3780