Central Guildford, period town house offering excellent family accommodation.
Understood to date from around 1830, with some later additions, this impressive and attractive brick and flint town house stands on the junction of London Road and Waterden Road.
Internally, the property has been upgraded over the years, retaining the distinct characteristics of its period, including spacious and elegant principal rooms, with high ceilings and bay windows.
A particular feature of the property is the spacious reception hall, with stairs leading to a light and generous landing that provides an additional sitting area. The interesting layout leads to a family room, conservatory and a bright, spacious and well appointed kitchen/breakfast room, with French doors to the rear garden and patio. There is also a spacious dry cellar that is currently arranged as two separate studies and wine cellar. First floor accommodation comprises four bedrooms, a separate dressing room, family bath and shower rooms and a separate WC.
Garden and Grounds
The property is approached from London Road via a shared drive onto a gravelled parking and turning area from where a stepping stone' path leads to the covered front porch. The front garden comprises a level lawn, with shrub and flower borders surrounded by a brick and flint wall and wrought iron railings. A pretty chequer board tiled path leads from a pedestrian gate to the front door.
The main garden, lying to the rear and south of the house, includes a pleasantly secluded brick paved patio, with doors from the kitchen and conservatory, and from here a vine and rose clad pergola leads to the detached single garage and separate vehicular entrance on Waterden Road. An area of level lawn, with a raised herbaceous bed and water feature to one side, completes the layout. There is additional pedestrian access between the front and rear via a useful lean-to storage area along the eastern side of the house.