An elegant Queen Anne country house set within a beautiful walled garden.
The Manor House is a magnificent exemplar of Queen Anne architecture and consequently Grade II* Listed. The property is approached by a sweeping gravel drive to reveal this attractive manor house. The original manor house was built in approximately 1700 and subsequently has had two main additions, the first in 1732 and the second in the early 20th Century. The house is built of red and blue brick in English bond with red brick quoins and string courses on the front elevation.
The accommodation is exceptionally spacious with well-proportioned rooms and high ceilings. The house has an easy flow centred on a large reception hall which leads to the drawing room, kitchen, dining room and library.
The beautifully designed kitchen represents the heart of the home and is ideal for family living. The playroom is conveniently adjacent to the kitchen. Other features include original elm floorboards in the dining room, open fireplaces with ornate fireback and wooden surrounds. The mid-18th century oak staircase rises elegantly from the ground floor to the attic floor
with turned balustrades and square newels.
Upstairs the accommodation is well spread out and each room enjoys a fine view of the gardens and countryside beyond. The master bedroom with an adjoining bathroom and dressing room is incredibly spacious and has views of both the driveway and the gardens to the rear. There are seven further bedrooms and four further bathrooms (two adjoining). One additional bedroom is currently used as a study. The attic floor contains three of these bedrooms, including a sitting room that could be a ninth bedroom, and is perfect for teenage children or indeed staff accommodation.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property