This elegant Maison de Maître, dating back to 1875, is situated on the edge of a village with views over its 4 hectares of land, neighbouring river and surrounding countryside.
The estate includes the 6 bedroom Maison de Maître; a 2 bedroom guest apartment over the former grange; a tennis court; a 5x10m salt water swimming pool and an orchard within its 4 hectare grounds.
Originally built in 1875 and fully renovated in 2007 to include the addition of the tower, the property has a new slate roof, hardwood double glazed windows, new central heating system with under-floor heating, full re-wiring, full insulation, new bathrooms and kitchen, installation of the salt water swimming pool and landscaped gardens. A hard tennis court was later installed in 2010. The property is immaculately presented and tastefully decorated by its current owners to marry together its original features with neutral tiles, white bathroom suites and subtle paintwork.
Screened from the village by an imposing pair of pillars and gates, the property is accessed by a separate entrance to its rear. The driveway, with well maintained lawns to each side, leads to a gravelled turning circle with the house straight ahead with its former barn to the left. The barn has been converted into a double open-fronted garage, a closed workshop and an independent guest apartment.
The swimming pool is privately situated to the south side of the property, with its large sun terrace, covered dining terrace and walled surround. The walled orchard, with its plum, cherry and fig trees, is located next to the swimming pool and has a gate leading onto the 4 hectares of land. The River Luz is just a short walk across the fields. The land is currently managed by the local farmer, but could readily support 4 horses.