Situated south west of Pau on the edge of a sleepy hilltop village in the Jurançon wine region, this delightful property is set within 6 hectares of land and has superb mountain views.
The buildings date back to 1739, when the principle accommodation would have been the small farmhouse. Since then, the two buildings have been connected and the south facing barn renovated to house the majority of the accommodation. The ground floor of the converted barn offers a large salon and dining room (80m2) with a central fireplace and French doors opening onto the wisteria terrace, which overlooks the swimming pool. From the salon, large barn doors open into the east facing sunroom which connects into the kitchen. The large dining kitchen also connects into the former farmhouse which offers a cosy salon on the ground floor and two rooms upstairs. To the rear of this small salon is the utility room where there is a walk-in fridge' and access to the side gardens and double garage. The first floor of the converted barn offers a master bedroom with an en suite bathroom and four additional double bedrooms, sharing the family bathroom. Due to the layout of this property, the former farmhouse could easily be converted into a self contained guest cottage.
The property is surrounded by 6 hectares of land. The gardens (approx. 1 hectare) have been imaginatively landscaped with a variety of plants, stone paths, decorative terraced ponds, a vegetable garden and a large expanse of lawn. The 6 x 12m swimming pool, with its paved terrace, is located to the south and offers a wonderful view of the Pyrenees mountains from its poolside. The current owners have created woodland paths and planted parts of the woods with shade loving shrubs such as Azalias and Rhododendrons. There is also a double garage and a wood / equipment store.