An impressive Grade II listed early Victorian mansion set in park-like gardens and grounds of about 46 acres and enjoying far-reaching southerly views.
formal reception hall
master bedroom suite with dressing room and bathroom
guest suite over three floors
4 further double bedrooms
2 further bathrooms
bedroom with sitting room and en suite bathroom
Lower ground floor cellar:
4 further store rooms
detached triple garage block with self contained
one bedroom annexe over
lodge-style pool house with kitchenette and cloakroom
in all about 46 acres
EPC (annexe) = G
Dating back to around 1840, this classic Grade II listed Italianate-style country house enjoys the graceful lines and generously-proportioned space of this elegant period, and is presented with a stylish contemporary finish.
Holme Park is set within glorious park-like grounds and enjoys an elevated tucked-away position with a long formal driveway approach and extensive southerly views over open fields and woodland beyond. The property is ideally-placed for commuters and family life, with Tunbridge Wells about 8.2 miles to the North and the popular village of Mayfield about two miles away. Further points of note include:
- stately front approach, with a sweeping flight of steps leading up to an elegant pillared garden room entrance with tall glazed windows and opening into an impressive reception hall with decorative columns, intricate ceiling mouldings, walls panelled by Harrods in 1919 and an oak balustrade staircase rising to the first floor;
- high ceilings, fireplaces and huge picture windows enhancing the natural light and framing a lovely outlook over the grounds from the majority of rooms;
- three principal reception rooms with elaborate decorative mouldings, comprising a drawing room opening out to the terrace and a dining room, interlinking through two sets of glazed doors to a dual-aspect sitting room, with built-in bar and doors opening out to the swimming pool area;
- country-style kitchen/breakfast room fitted with a gas-fired Aga and wood flooring and opening out to a brick side terrace; - further domestic space including a boot room, utility room and a spacious lower ground floor cellar with wine store and several store rooms;
- first floor master bedroom suite opening out to the roof terrace on two sides, with a dressing room and a bathroom;
- guest suite on three levels with a first floor bedroom and a spiral staircase up to a shower room and on up to a delightful studio room in the turret above, providing a lovely vantage point from which to enjoy the view;
- 4 further individual first floor double bedrooms, two enjoying access out to the roof terrace, and 3 bath/shower rooms;
- second floor bedroom suite, with a sitting room and a bathroom and a leisure room, currently fitted as a cinema room.
A first floor self-contained annexe is located above the triple garage block providing useful additional accommodation away from the house with a bedroom, sitting room, fitted kitchen and a bathroom.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS
The mature grounds amount to just over 46 acres and are a superb feature of the property, enveloping the house to all sides and stretching down from a wide terrace with a stone balustrade on the South side. Beyond the garden area there is a lovely outlook over open fields and mature mixed woodland, whilst a bank of rhododendron, beech and oak trees creates a lovely back-drop to the rear.
The swimming pool and a delightful lodge-style pool house lie within easy reach of the house, with a hard tennis court on the western boundary.
Holme Park is approached from the lane through an impressive stone-pillared entrance with wrought-iron gates opening to a long formal tree-lined gravel drive leading to the front of the house. A spur leads to a large visitors' parking/turning area and a large barn/work shop, with further space in front of the garage, alongside the house.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating, mains water, electricity and drainage.
Outgoings: Wealden District Council - 01892 653311. Tax Band: H.
SK/616090. Photographs were taken in June 2016. Brochure prepared May 2017.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property