Available for sale for the first time since 1958 - a charming house with gardens extending to just under 2.5 acres on the edge of the village and within easy reach of the Forest.
Thorney Bank is thought to have been constructed in 1913 and is a prominent detached village house in the conservation area and in a substantial double' plot on this quiet village lane. This most attractive detached property has part rendered, part hung tile elevations under a tiled roof and spacious well arranged accommodation over two floors. The house has changed very little since its original construction and would now benefit from modernisation but the position of the house undoubtedly warrants the investment. On the ground floor there is a spacious family kitchen with AGA, a sitting room with open fireplace, dining room and hall, on the first floor there are five bedrooms, a bathroom and separate wc.
The house is approached from the lane where a private drive provides parking for several cars and access to a triple garage block. In addition there is a pedestrian access to the front garden further down the lane. The property sits centrally to this level plot which extends in total to approximately 2.47 acres with a combination of mature hedging, fencing and some fine trees making up the boundary.
To the front of the house is a lawn and walled area with terrace and fishpond. Immediately to the rear of the house is another large area of lawn with further stone terrace and path leading towards the rear of the plot. On the northern flank is a pretty timber stable building with clay tiled roof. The rear of the plot, which is enclosed with post and rail fencing, are two further outbuildings and a kitchen garden.
We wish to inform prospective buyers of this property that the seller is related to an employee of Savills.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property
A genuine rarity, a cherished family home that hasn't changed hands since 1958Ashley Rawlings