A magnificent Grade II listed village house with endless scope
This superb property was originally part of Lord Shaftsbury's estate and has been owned more recently by the Hoare banking dynasty. The property has had a varied past from being used as a centre for evacuees during the war to a 1950's preparatory school. The property offers endless scope to further enhance with plans in place. With over 8,000 sq ft of accommodation the property offers the opportunity to purchase a very large house with easy flexible space which would suit a number of uses subject to obtaining the relevant consents. Throughout the house is a real feeling of character including stone mullioned windows and many other notable period features including attractive stone chimneys with round shafts, this property is a wonderful example of vigorous early Victorian Gothic architecture. Externally there are mature gardens and grounds including the original walled garden.
In addition there are four letable cottages. These include the converted stable block which contains two single storey cottages (one 2 bedroom and one studio). There is also a useful three bedroom detached cottage with a maintenance free garden and the Old Barn which is a another two bedroom single story conversion.
Further outbuildings include a small barn with built in poultry house, original barn and tack room and carriage house and stables.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property
This really is a very exciting opportunity, a wonderful family house with versatile accommodation and original private gardens with a lovely sunny orientation.Sebastian Hipwood