A property with ample scope. A remarkable setting with an unusual layout including a theatre and a chapel.
The property dates back to August 1776, confirmed by a note on parchment found inside one of the roof beams. Originally built as a residential and productive complex, the typical structural characteristics of the buildings for the manufacturing of silk are evident. As evidence of this, in what is now the park of the villa, there was a mulberry plantation and a pond for the decantation of silkworms, which was later transformed into a pond-pool.
In 1780, the villa was enlarged and warehouses were built, for the storage of goods, stables for horses and the staging station for postal couriers. Towards the end of the twentieth century, the owner decided to renovate the villa changing its intended use, creating the complex of Villa Clerici as it presents itself today.
The layout includes a double-height drawing room with the most beautiful well-kept original details, several large rooms, various family suites, a chapel, a theatre and staff accomodation as well as some commercial space.