A fabulous San Marco apartment in the luxury neighbourhood of San Moisè. A daring juxtaposition of intriguing original features and cutting-edge design, this property will amaze and delight.
A daring juxtaposition of intriguing original features and cutting-edge design, Ca' Ragionati is spread over 2 floors of a 17th century building within a stone's throw of St. Mark's Square and entered via its own private entrance into what was once the property's ground floor cavana' (or boat shelter) where the partial remains of ancient boats were discovered during restoration and donated to the Musei Civici' (Civic Museums).
Accommodation: A private and sumptuous hallway, softly lit throughout by twinkling Bisanzio chandeliers, leads to the main accommodation on the 2nd floor by taking the impressive stone staircase, or by taking the glass and gold leaf, mirror-lined lift. The apartment has a beautiful formal salone' in the grand Venetian style featuring colourful paintings and stuccos, Persian carpets upon wooden flooring, and wonderful painted beams uncovered and returned to their former glory by restorers, while tall double windows open onto a balcony overlooking the canal and the grandiose Baroque façade of the Church of San Moisè. A fully equipped kitchen/dining room featuring original terrazzo flooring and chandelier-lit wooden beams, to the side of which sits a delightful furnished terrace overlooking the narrow waterway below.
The apartment's 4 master bedrooms are elegantly appointed with fine fabrics and furnishings, while bathrooms are stylish, spotless and have modern fittings.
- a wonderfully romantic master boudoir/suite overlooking the canal, with elaborate pink, green and ochre stuccos, a double bed set in a traditional alcove, a small, semi-concealed en suite shower room and wardrobe, and a sitting area
- 2 double bedrooms to the side and middle of the apartment, both with double beds, one with an en-suite bathroom with shower
- a second bathroom with bathtub and shower over
- a fourth bedroom to the rear with a double bed and an en suite bathroom with shower
On the first floor (reached by stairs from the ground floor)
- a simply furnished service bedroom with a single bed and an en suite bathroom with shower.