A magnificent Hall set in beautiful countryside currently used as a wedding venue and private home.
The Hall is approached through a impressive stone gateway down a long, sweeping driveway with beautiful parkland fields either side. Two white lion statues greet you into a grand entrance hall with panelled walls, tiled floor, and a large fireplace with brick hearth and stone surround.
An arch supported by two wooden pillars leads to an additional hallway with traditional, wooden stair case to the first floor accommodation. Stairs also lead to the plant room and wine cellar. The hallway has doors to the Living Room, Kitchen, two Dining Rooms and the Study.
The Living Room is a light and open room with a large window overlooking the gardens to the rear of the property. The room has wooden panelling and a large feature fireplace with stone surrounding, wooden mantel piece and further wooden panelling lining the chimney breast.
Off the Living Room is the entrance to a wonderful conservatory complete with a hot tub, seating area and shower room. Two sets of French doors lead out into the gardens.
A plaque in the entrance hall dates the reconstruction of The Hall to 1858 although the original site is believed to date back to 1467. The property was lived in for more than ten generations by the Ffoulkes family on the Estate of Ereiviat & Rhydonen. Grono (Goronwy) ab Leuan, an ancestor of the Ffoulkes family, was known to hold the escheat lands in the Vill of Eriveat' between 1501 and 1571. The last member of the family to reside at the property was Edmund Andrew Ffoulkes whose initials are located on the fireplaces he renovated.
The Dining Rooms have large bay windows with beautiful views onto the gardens. Each has a feature fireplace with stone surround and traditional wooden mantel piece. The ceilings are tall with original cornicing.
The Study has two windows to the front of the property and another feature fireplace with stone surround. A door leads to a hallway with a spiral staircase to the above floors, guest bathrooms and access to the spacious Coach House complete with bar and dancefloor. Each room here has doors leading into the gardens and is the perfect place for wedding hosting.
The Kitchen is split into a traditional area and a professional area to cater for guests. The traditional area is a light space, with a cooker, built in appliances and good storage space. From here you can access the professional kitchen which has state-of-the-art, stainless steel appliances and excellent work top space. From the Kitchen is access to an area currently used as private living quarters with 3 en suite bedrooms, living room, kitchen and separate wc.
On the first floor, bedrooms 1, 2 and 7 are large en suite rooms each with windows overlooking the gardens and grounds. Bedrooms 3 & 4 and 5 & 6 are family rooms which incorporate a double and a twin room with a shared en suite facility in each. Currently, bedroom 9 is used as a dressing room for the weddings.
The second floor hallway leads to 4 further bedrooms, 3 of which have en suites. Bedroom also has access to the spiral staircase leading down into the hallway off the Study on the ground floor.
The House provides further 5 bedroom accommodation separate from the main hall. Currently this is used as a family home spread across two floors. The entrance leads through a utility room and into an open family area with a large window overlooking the gardens. There are 4 bedrooms on the ground floor and a large family bathroom. The staircase opens into a large, open plan living room, dining area and kitchen on the second floor with the final bedroom.
The Coach house is connected to the main hall and currently hired out for weddings or large functions, with a capacity of up to 200 people. A large space made up of a number of open plan rooms.
Gardens and Grounds
To the front of the property is a golden gravel sweep with two iron gates leading onto the main driveway. The boundaries are lined with mature boarders and shrubs. The side garden is laid to lawn and leads to the woodland at the rear of the property.
The courtyard to the rear provides access to a number of outbuildings. This includes two garages, a large workshop with full length sliding doors, stores and a coal bunker.