Historic country house with extensive traditional buildings and farmland.
Eske Manor is situated in open countryside to the east of Beverley, surroundings are predominantly arable fields, interspersed with attractive woodlands and shelterbelts, the hamlet of Tickton is located about 1.4 mile to the south. The property has excellent transport connections, located close to the A1035 and only 4.2 miles from Beverley railway station, from which some services to London Kings Cross take a little over 3 hours.
Eske Manor is an attractive and historic residential farm with substantial principal house, courtyard of traditional buildings with development potential (subject to consents) and a significant range of steel portal frame buildings which provide additional storage, housing for livestock or could be repurposed for equestrian uses. Together with grassland, in all
the property totals approximately 44.63 acres (18.06 ha).
The Manor House is a substantial and historic Grade II* Listed property which dates from the 17th Century and extends to over 5,400 sq ft. The property is constructed in red brick and is set within substantial gardens and grounds which include mature trees and shrub borders. The property has a pantile roof with beautiful ornate brickwork and chimney stacks adding to the grandeur.
The seven bedroom property has been informally subdivided to provide a self-contained annexe in the eastern section, however all openings and linking doors remain. Parts of the annexe have not been lived in for many years and require significant investment and improvement. The house has been occupied until recently, however is also ready for upgrading and refurbishment.
Internally the property on the ground floor comprises porch, kitchen, pantry, bathroom with WC and washbasin, dining room and sitting room, there is also a small porch room on the southern elevation. The first floor includes four large double bedrooms, one of which has some quite outstanding and unique decorative boarding painted in an imitation of panelling with cartouches and heraldic shields, also painted is a fire surround with Corinthian columns supporting a pedimented over mantel. The property has a wealth of period features, including original beams, floorboards, tile floors and fireplaces, which could be incorporated and restored in a programme of improvements.
The subdivided annexe element could quite easily be reconnected with the main property to create one substantial dwelling. Nonetheless current accommodation comprises utility, kitchen with log burning stove, living room, sitting room, bathroom with washbasin which sits on a split level, and cellar below part. The first floor also links to a series of single storey former stores to the north. The first floor accommodation extends to three bedrooms and a bathroom with overhead shower, washbasin and WC.
Combined the property is a quite unique and attractively situated principal house with seven bedrooms and three/four reception rooms, extremely well connected to Beverley and Kingston upon Hull.
Heating is provided by electric night storage heaters and windows are a mixture of double and single glazed units.
To the east of the Manor House is a very substantial range of traditional brick built farm buildings together with covered foldyard and a modern steel portal framed building. The traditional buildings alone extend to over 8,800 sq ft, dominated by a long two storey, red brick granary barn from which other traditional buildings link to the south. To the north of this range is an off lying brick built barn which also connects into a linear range of outbuildings and stables, these sit immediately adjacent to the cobbled yard and Manor House.
The extensive buildings represent an obvious opportunity for redevelopment. This could take the form of a number of additional residential units, a holiday cottage complex, equestrian facilities, garaging, workshops, offices or annex space, in addition to the principal house (subject to consents).
To the south and east of the traditional buildings is a covered foldyard and steel general purpose building, with fibre cement
roof, concrete floor and block walls. These buildings provide a
significant modern covered area, latterly utilised for livestock housing. The buildings are ideal for continued agricultural use or could provide American barn style equestrian stabling, indoor arena space or general storage for amenity farming (subject to consents).
The land sits within a ring fence around the farmstead and is predominantly grassland, part productive meadow, part grazing on undulating land forming part of a deserted medieval village. The abandoned village of Eske was first recorded in 1087, having 12 toft's and a Manor, by 1300 the village was being extended northwards with a north-south aligned street, the population began to reduce by 1457 and the village was deserted sometime during the 18th Century.
To the west is the River Hull and flood embankment and to the east is a small area of arable land adjoining the access. In all the land totals about 40 acres. The land is bordered by mature hedgerows and is ideal for agricultural or equestrian purposes, with significant amenity and conservation potential. The adjacent arable fields interspersed with woodlands create an idyllic rural setting.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property