Set in about 3.18 acres in an elevated location with stunning uninterrupted views of St Michaels Mount and Mounts Bay
The property and Barn are in need of renovation. The Cottage is of quirky internal design with a gothic feel. The rooms flow into each other with the only internal door being to the bathroom on the first floor.
The front door opens from a covered porch with cobbled floor in to a semi-circular room with three windows with built in cupboards in to the bay with a tiled work surface, a sink in the centre and shelving to the rear. An arch opens in to a kitchen/dining room with a colourfully painted ceiling, herringbone parquet flooring, a recessed Aga and shelving and cupboards to either side. There is a window with window seat with views out across the bay and a stable door that opens out to a cobbled terraced area.
To the left of the kitchen dining room is an arch with a step up in to a reception room with beamed ceiling, wooden floor and fireplace.
Stairs ascend to the first floor which mirrors the layout of downstairs having an room with a window overlooking the land and views to Mounts Bay, a door in to the bathroom and a step up in to a further room which has a vaulted ceiling with exposed beams and a Velux window.
The barn is attached to the property and needs major repair. This is a large space with a vast inglenook to one end.
GARDENS & THE EXTERIOR
The property sits in a south facing position on a levelled area and is bordered by trees on all sides with the land sloping westwards down to a stream.
The northern boundary is a public footpath leading to Tolver woods.
To the side of the cottage is a cobbled entertaining area along with a large pergola. To the front of the barn the gardens have gothic inspired raised beds and planters along with various other similarly inspired structures and seats.
The land slopes westwards down to a stream that borders the property and is mainly grass
There are four outbuildings to include: -
1. Water: This is stone built building containing the bore hole, treatment plant and compressor.
2. Laundry & WC: Good sized room with brick flooring, WC water & power
3. Storage: Stone built with tiled roof, door flanked by a window to either side, granite bedrock and concrete floor, shelving to rear, partially insulated with power
4. Wooden Shed: Wooden garden shed/storage
Private Water & Drainage
Oil fired Aga
Council Tax Band: D
Strictly by prior appointment with Savills.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others such as curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments, etc. are specifically excluded but may be available by separate negotiation.
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, images and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property
Hilly Field Cottage offers huge potential. The location and views are exceptional offering the opportunity to create a superb home in a much desired location.George HillProperty agent