Impressive first floor apartment in this historic Lutyens mansion.
Nashdom Abbey is a magnificent, beautifully maintained Grade II* Listed country house standing in 17 acres of glorious communal gardens, woodland and leisure facilities. This beautifully presented apartment benefits from impressive accommodation with high ceilings and shuttered windows. Situated on the first floor and within the original building the accommodation is arranged to take full advantage of views over the grounds.
An entrance hall leads into the reception hall with video entrance system, an airing cupboard and further storage cupboard. The sitting room is an elegant circular room with wonderful high ceilings. A focal point is the ornate carved wood fireplace with gas fire. Three sets of sash windows with shutters offer glorious views across the well maintained wooded grounds. A dining area lies to the side with book shelving and a window offering further views with window seat with storage within. The kitchen is fitted in an attractive range of modern units with ample work surface area. Fitted appliances include a gas hob, with extractor over, oven, dishwasher and full height fridge freezer. There is a breakfast bar area and the floor to ceiling window floods the room with light and offers views over the grounds.
The principal bedroom is generous in size, offers further woodland views and leads to a dressing area with two double wardrobes. This in turn leads to a beautifully fitted bath/shower room with a useful utility cupboard with space for a washing machine and tumble dryer. This bath/shower room can also be accessed from the hall. The second bedroom is double in size and has an en suite shower room again in a modern suite with large shower and mirrored storage cupboards.
A good sized garage forms part of this property as well as an additional allocated parking space.
Nashdom Abbey has a full time Estate Manager on site. Nashdom Abbey property owners have a share of the freehold.
Benefits of the property include 17 acres of grounds and woodland and use of a communal hard tennis court, heated outdoor swimming pool, gymnasium.
In 1898, the Russian Prince Alexis Dolgorouki married Frances Wilson, heir of Fleetwood and commissioned Sir Edwin Lutyens to build Nashdom (Russian for our home'). In 1924 the ownership passed to a Benedictine Order who lived in and cared for Nashdom as an abbey for more than 60 years until they left to merge with a larger monastery near Newbury. The mansion was converted in 1997 to luxury apartments.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property
Beautifully presented apartment in the main house with high ceilings and lovely views over the grounds.Chris Moorhouse