Attractive detached home standing in a large plot.
Chapel House is an attractive detached property which has been owned by the present owner since its original conversion which took place in 1980. Chapel House was a small Wesleyan Chapel, built in 1867 from locally quarried stone and was used as a chapel until the second world war. The heart of this character conversion is therefore 154 years old. During the early years of ownership, further extensions were carried out, together with the purchase of surrounding land for providing greater privacy, a small orchard and attractive ornamental areas throughout.
The changes to the house include the opening up of the original designed kitchen to provide further accommodation, rear extensions for the repositioning of the kitchen, creation of a ground floor cloakroom/toilet, and the addition of a conservatory. The property benefits from an independent double garage block, separately containing a store/office at the rear, and with easy access from the driveway.
The ground floor contains a series of reception rooms which could be adapted to suit a variety of uses. The main Sitting Room has an attractive small fitted library. The first floor has 3 bedrooms and a family bathroom. The home has been well maintained over the years, but would benefit from some repair, modernisation and improvement.
The property has a long driveway to the front of the house and provides ample parking at both the driveway entrance and adjacent areas to the front and rear of the house. The gardens surrounding the property are mainly laid to lawn for easy maintenance and access. The property benefits from being directly South facing and complimented by the main areas of the gardens to the South and East. The rear garden is also laid to lawn and has a pagoda, specimen trees, two sheds together with an oil tank enclosure.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property
There is a real calming atmosphere in the property and the gardens are fantastic.Tony Perry