A substantial and unlisted former Rectory of 1857, with garage and coach house outbuilding within gardens of about an acre on the edge of the village and with southerly views to farmland
THE OLD RECTORY
The Old Rectory is an attractive and striking unlisted property which occupies a prominent position on the edge of the village within gardens of circa an acre. Dating from 1857, the period house retains the grace and elegant proportions of its era with spacious, symmetrical principal rooms with period fireplaces and cornices, high ceilings and a bright interior lit by large sash windows that offer views of the village, garden and setting, coupled with spacious double bedrooms.
With a generous reception hallway, three formal reception rooms and six bedrooms over three floors, extending to over 3,600 square feet on the floor plan, all within an acre of gardens, The Old Rectory is a fabulous family home. The former coach house and stables provides garaging and storage, but are thought by the sellers to have potential, subject to consents, for further ancillary accommodation.
The wide entrance hall opens to the bottom of an attractive oak staircase, with access to the three reception rooms, the utility and cloakroom, and a large tiled kitchen. The spacious Drawing and Dining room both boast dual-aspect bay windows with original period fireplaces, whilst the triple-aspect sitting room provides views of the attractive landscaped gardens.
The first floor comprises an impressive master bedroom with en suite, three further double bedrooms and a family bathroom with an additional shower room. On the second floor, two more double bedrooms reside with loft and roof access.
The landscaped garden stretches around the front and sides of the property, with pear, apple and plum trees among its lawns. A gated driveway provides access to the double stone garage, car port and various outbuildings, which include stables, a workshop and original gig store. An attractive garden room sits on the stone patio, a wonderful summer spot. The property resides in almost an acre of gardens.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property
This spacious property offers graceful proportions in a lovely edge of village setting convenient for two commuter railway stations, the A1 and A14 for road access to Cambridge and several sought after private and state educational facilities.James Abbott