A handsome Grade II listed Old Rectory, dating back to the early 17th century with Regency additions set in just over 8 acres of gardens and grounds.
The Old Rectory is a handsome country residence set in just over 8 acres of gardens and grounds benefiting from a number of outbuildings including a coach house which could be converted into a home office or annexe, subject to the correct planning permissions.
The house is full of character and charm, the result of two distinct architectural periods. First is the splendid, east facing Regency building believed to have been completed in about 1830. The other part of the house is the original three-storey parsonage supposedly erected in about 1704 but likely to have been built on earlier foundations dating back to 1613.
The property is approached by a private driveway which sweeps to a parking area to the front of the house. There is a good balance of elegant, formal reception rooms boasting tall ceilings, ornate plaster work, window shutters and plenty of natural light, together with less formal rooms providing modern, everyday living.
Double front doors open into the entrance hall with oak flooring which extends to a secondary hall from which the outstanding, principal oak staircase rises to the first floor. The drawing room has a dual aspect with two bay windows, French doors to the garden terrace and an open fireplace with a marble surround. Opposite, the billiard room is a fantastic entertaining room with a bay window overlooking open countryside.
The kitchen is a good size with a high ceiling and quarry tiled floor, well equipped with a number of bespoke fitted cupboards and units including a two oven oil fired Aga and a two oven electric Aga module with hob above, island with granite worktop, Zip HydroTap and butlers sink with views to the church, which opens into the utility room; with further units, an integrated fridge freezer and sink. There is also a W/C off the hallway.
The dining room is part of the original house and can be accessed from the kitchen, boasting exposed beams, built in shelving and an Aga wood burner. This links to the sitting room with a Clearview wood burning stove through the original entrance hall from where the attractive, fine oak secondary staircase rises to the first floor.
To the back of the house is the old scullery with the traditional cast iron range cooker set in an inglenook, the old copper, a low sided Belfast sink, a well, and storage mezzanine. There is also a study with electric underfloor heating and from where the high quality CCTV system can be monitored, a boot room and informal access outside.
The property benefits from cellarage comprising two rooms and a substantial wine cellar.
To the first floor are six bedrooms including the principal bedroom suite with far reaching views and an ensuite Jack and Jill' style shower room with twin sinks. There are four further double bedrooms all enjoying fine views and a smaller bedroom, well suited as a nursery. A family bathroom with oak floor boards and a freestanding bath, separate shower room, built in linen cupboards and W/C complete the first floor accommodation.
The attic comprises three rooms, currently used as storage which could be converted to further living accommodation.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS
The Old Rectory enjoys a wonderful rural position, approached by a private driveway flanked with mature trees and seasonal wildflowers with a lawn to the right side with a poplar tree border.
The principal garden is west facing, mostly laid to lawn with an attractive, mature cedar tree to the centre with parkland beyond that extends to the church walls and is peppered with a variety of horse chestnut and beech trees as well as enjoying a pond which attracts an abundance of wildlife.
To the south side is a partially walled garden which includes the chicken run, kitchen garden, greenhouse and a potting shed. The oldest garden is on the south east side and has attractive borders planted with colourful shrubs and flowers.
A wonderful feature is the old bell above the back entrance which can still be rung from inside the house.
A heated summerhouse for outside entertainment provides views across open countryside.
There is an extensive range of traditional outbuildings with electricity connected including a workshop, tool shed and garden store. A substantial party barn leads into a further barn that links to the garden.
There are two open fronted garages with traditional Staffordshire circles and an open car port.
The Coach House lends itself well to serving as an excellent home office or annexe, subject to the correct planning permissions.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property
The Old Rectory is a very special house with its own charm and special nature. It is, in many ways, the epitome of the perfect old rectory!Tony Morris-Eyton