A magnificent period barn with permission for conversion.
Planning permission has been granted under reference EPF/2594/16 to create a substantial and characterful home of around 2,264 sq. ft. with four bedrooms, four bathrooms and an open plan living area.
Shonks Barn forms part of the original Shonks Farm estate which is adjacent. Separated off by the current owners the plot has its own road access via a five bar gated frontage. It enjoys a decent sized garden both to front and rear with open countryside to the side and rear also.
IMPORTANT AGENTS NOTE:
Some elements of the original application will need to be discharged by the council before building works can commence.
A buyer should satisfy themselves as to what is needed by seeking their own planning advice and speaking with the local building control officer at Epping Forest DC before making any financial commitments to purchase. This may include completion of the following conditions:
1) Provide engineers design package
2) Bed 2 and Study (GF) are inner rooms and require an escape suitable window
3) Confirmation of the boundary between the barn and main house, together with additional fireproofing to weather boarding.
4) Suitable soundproofing to internal partitions
5) An EPC to be provided at completion
6) Completion of Part 2 of the contaminated land survey Part 1 already completed
Viewing of this site is strictly by appointment and prior arrangement by Savills in Bishop's Stortford.
The internal spaces offered in the original barn here are really quite special and I can see this turning into something amazing once completed a lovely, ready to go opportunity.Justin Godfrey