The principal apartment of one of the finest and most acclaimed Palladian mansions in Great Britain, and the largest in Wiltshire.
The principal apartment of one of the finest Palladian mansions in the country, and reputedly the largest house in Wiltshire.
Comprising over 23,000 sq ft of accommodation on the ground and first floors, including most of the state rooms of the Castle and the magnificent 60ft central Rotunda. The apartment has unimpeded views across the Estate to the Nadder Valley and unspoilt Wiltshire countryside.
Initially converted in 2000 under the supervison of world renowned minimalist architects, John Pawson, the property was acquired by our client in 2010 who has created a home of unparalleled distinction.
Considered the finest work of the great Palladian architect, James Paine, New Wardour Castle is one of Britain's most acclaimed Georgian houses. Its most striking feature, the 60ft Rotunda containing the central staircase, has been described as unsurpassed in any building of the 18th Century in England.
Commissioned by the 8th Lord Arundell in 1770, in celebration of his marriage to a Lincolnshire heiress and the reunification of two branches of the family, the property replaced Old Wardour Castle as the family seat and continued a fine architectural tradition dating from the Estate's record in the Domesday book.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property
This property has to contain the finest rooms of any stately home in the country, it is a wonderful opportunity to own a beautiful piece of historyLindsay Cuthill