The Citadel on the Western Heights of Dover is one of the most impressive fortifications in Britain and is a Scheduled Monument.
The site is formed of several different portions of the Western Heights area, including the Western Outworks to the western side of the site, the Citadel (Western Form) in the centre of the site and a small area of the Fortress Interior to the east of the Gatehouse. There are a number of buildings on site including a striking 1861 Grade II listed administration building which extends to 39,048 sq ft. The other ancillary buildings at the Property comprise a range of prison cell accommodation blocks and related maintenance, administration and support buildings. Additionally, within the site is a sports pitch and evidence of fortifications remain very clear with a number of assets of historic interest, including the dry moat surrounding the prison, a well house, casemates, hutted barracks, water tanks and gated entrance into the site.
Energy performance certificates for the relevant buildings are held in our microsite. The ratings range from band B to band G.