A superb top and first floor duplex apartment with large private terrace in this historic Lutyens mansion
Nashdom is a magnificent, beautifully maintained Grade II* listed country house standing in 17 acres of glorious communal gardens, woodland and leisure facilities.
This fine duplex, secure apartment benefits from interesting and highly individual accommodation arranged over two floors with high ceilings and shuttered windows. Situated on the top and first floors and within the original Nashdom building, the accommodation is arranged to take full advantage of woodland views from the front of the mansion. The reception hall has under stairs storage and a cloakroom adjacent with a modern suite. An inner hallway with storage cupboard leads to the kitchen fitted with an attractive and comprehensive range of units with granite work surfaces, Siemens built-in appliances and a breakfast bar. There are views on to the central Fountain Courtyard. Steps up from the inner hall lead to a mezzanine level sitting room/study/dining area. Below this, and accessed from the reception hall, is the living room with fine views over the woodland at the front of the mansion - this room is light and airy with high ceiling and large windows, and has a glazed door leading onto the large private terrace which is ideal for lazy sunny afternoons or al fresco entertaining.
The bedroom accommodation is situated on the top floor, where the landing has an additional access door out to the top floor communal hallway, which also provides lift access. The principal suite is generous with two double wardrobes and a luxury en suite shower room, there are views to the woodland and terrace below. The second bedroom is also double in size and has a further built-in double wardrobe. The main bathroom is also fitted with a modern suite with a shower and screen over the bath.
A garage with parking space in front, form part of this property as well as an additional allocated parking space.
Nashdom has a full time Estate Manager on site. Nashdom property owners have a share of the freehold.
Benefits of the property include 17 acres of grounds and woodland and use of a communal hard tennis court, heated outdoor swimming pool and gymnasium.
In 1898, the Russian Prince Alexis Dolgorouki married Frances Wilson, heir of Fleetwood and commissioned Sir Edwin Lutyens to build Nashdom (Russian for our home'). In 1924 the ownership passed to a Benedictine Order who lived in and cared for Nashdom as an abbey for more than 60 years until they left to merge with a larger monastery near Newbury. The mansion was converted in 1997 to luxury apartments.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property
Fabulous apartment with large roof terrace in this historic building.Chris Moorhouse