Pretty brick-built cottage recently renovated throughout and situated in the historic village of Glenkinchie
1 Glenkinchie Houses is the former customs house to the distillery and dates from around 1896. The house is brick built and detached under a slate roof and looks out towards the Kinchie Burn. The house has recently been fully renovated by the current owners from top to bottom and offers comfortable and modern living over two floors.
Double storm doors open into a spacious hallway with the kitchen off to the right. It looks out towards the Kinchie Burn and is fitted with a range of painted base units with timber worktop and integrated appliances which include an oven, microwave, hob and fridge freezer. The kitchen also has an open fireplace and engineered oak flooring, which is a feature throughout much of the ground floor. The sitting room is a cosy space with double doors through to the conservatory and a wood burning stove with marble mantel. The conservatory is south and east facing and wraps around the house with doors out to the garden. The room is heated by a large wood burning stove and overlooks the garden. At the back of the house is a double bedroom and bathroom which is partially panelled.
There are two spacious double bedrooms on the first floor which look out to the front of the house and have fireplaces. Between them is a shower room which is located off the landing and has a WC and wash hand basin.
The garden mainly sits to the east of the property where there are areas of lawn and a terrace with timber fencing around the perimeter. At the end of the garden is a recently erected timber workshop with power and lighting. There is off-street parking to the west of the house, accessed via double-gates off the main road through the village.
View payable LBTT Calculator for this property