An immaculate Grade II Listed period village house in one of Hampshire's finest villages
This Grade II listed Old Vicarage is believed to date from around 1845 and has handsome Selborne stone elevations. Gilbert White was born in the original vicarage which stood on this site, part of which remains and is now the kitchen/breakfast room. The house has been completely refurbished by the current owners over the last 12 years to an exceptional standard with wonderful and subtle decoration. The house offers light and well proportioned rooms throughout making it a fabulous and spacious family home.
The Coach House is Grade II Listed, part of which is currently used as a gym, but also provides garaging, storage, stabling, hayloft over and open store to one side. There is planning permission in place to convert the Coach House to a 2 bedroom cottage perfect for dependants, guests or staff.
The Old Vicarage stands within delightful private gardens, backing onto National Trust land with views to the south over the Hangers. The gardens are mainly laid to lawn with shaped flower and shrub beds. At the front stands a magnificent mulberry tree. To the west and screened by a yew hedge is the heated swimming pool. Towards the eastern boundary is a tennis court which is adjacent to an area of woodland with a number of mature trees and enjoys views to the church.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property