Picturesque country estate with Listed mansion house and farmhouse set in approx 226 acres.
Glencaird is an enchanting, small estate occupying a beautiful position close to the village of Glen Trool. Within the estate there is a Listed mansion house, a farmhouse, substantial U-plan steading and approximately 226 acres of farmland, parkland and forestry with the Water of Minnoch to the east. The Water of Minnoch with its salmon fishing rights, is one of the highlights of Glencaird Estate and has given much pleasure to all of the Glencaird owners over the years.
Glencaird House is a Category B Listed country home built in the 1930s by Roger Pinckney (1900 1990). Roger Pinckney entered the office of Sir Giles Gilbert Scott in 1919 and contributed to many famous buildings, including Ampleforth Abbey, Battersea Power Station and Liverpool Cathedral. Glencaird was built in the mid-1930s in the Scots Revival Style', replacing an earlier building which was marked as a shooting lodge in the maps of 1849 1850. Externally there is a stone panel insert on the north elevation dated 1694 and inscribed with the initials I MK and AH plus armorial bearings, all within a circular moulding.
The accommodation on the ground floor comprises: reception hallway with wine cellar and cloakroom / WC off, beautiful drawing room with three, sixteen pane sash and case windows and French doors to the south with a fine fireplace at the focal point. There is a formal dining room with beautiful open aspects, an spacious open kitchen / breakfasting room, utility room, laundry room and boiler room with additional WC. The first floor accommodation comprises: five bedrooms (master bedroom with en suite bathroom) and two additional bathrooms. On the second floor is the attic room / playroom. This apartment has a fireplace and could be utilised for a variety of purposes.
To the north of Glencaird House sits Glencaird Farmhouse which is a traditionally built farmhouse, previously used as a holiday rental business. The accommodation on the ground floor comprises: hallway, sitting room, well-proportioned kitchen, bedroom one, bathroom and utility room. On the first floor there are four further bedrooms and a bathroom. Also to the north of Glencaird House is a U-shaped steading, comprising three barns, while the outbuildings also include a substantial shed, fuel stores, fuel tank room, workshop, garage and additional tool stores.
Surrounding Glencaird House there are carefully maintained, mainly lawned gardens with a variety of mature trees and shrubs with magnificent open aspects to the south over Cairnsmore of Fleet and the Galloway Hills beyond. The grounds extend to approximately 226 acres of farmland, parkland and forestry.
View payable LBTT Calculator for this property