A beautifully presented first floor two bedroom, two bathroom apartment in this newly converted Grade II Listed landmark building in Montpellier, including the wonderful bay window.
Montpellier Drive sits just away from The Promenade in the sought after Montpellier District of Cheltenham within easy reach of the centre of town. Regent House is located on the corner of Vittoria Walk and Montpellier Drive with the wonderful gardens to the rear.
Cheltenham is famed as one of the most complete Regency towns in England and historically the original and most fashionable spa.
Less than a hundred miles from London it nestles beautifully between the Cotswold Hills and the Wye Valley, and is home to numerous prestigious schools including Cheltenham College, Cheltenham Ladies College, Dean Close and Pates Grammar which recently topped the national GCSE schools league table.
Now a highly sought after place to live (voted the number 1 place in the United Kingdom to bring up a family by the Telegraph early in 2015), the town is well known for its grand houses set amongst formal avenues and beautiful garden squares.
For those with a taste for the finer things in life, there are Michelin starred restaurants, numerous bars, stylish shops and salons aplenty. For art and history lovers there is The Wilson, Cheltenham's newly refurbished museum and art gallery, whilst Cheltenham also has a thriving cultural scene that includes two concert halls and three theatres. There are the numerous festivals such as The Wychwood Festival, the festivals of literature, science, food and drink and, perhaps the pinnacle for some, the jazz festival, which has historically attracted such known performers as Van Morrison, Jamie Cullum and Jools Holland.
Undoubtedly for many more, the highlight of the year is the annual racing festival culminating with the Cheltenham Gold Cup, the blue riband event of the national hunt calendar, and an attraction that draws the public to the town year after year.
Regent House is a wonderful Grade II Listed development in a superb and sought after location of Montpellier in Cheltenham.
The development is divided in to two separate sections the period pale stone fronted original building to the left and the more modern section to the right, now styled in a contemporary fashion.
The original building is divided in to 11 apartments in total, spread over three floors, and accessed either via the superb glazed communal entrance hall, or via private entrance doors. A newly installed lift provides access to the first, second and lower ground floors and most apartments have at least some form of view of the wonderful gardens.
The adjacent more modern building is detached from the period building, thus allowing a more contemporary, black and white style and this comprises a ground floor apartment, a first and second floor three bedroom duplex apartment, and two mews style cottages with private gardens, one a single storey with two beds and the other, number 15, two storey with three bedrooms.
A major feature of the development is the outstanding communal garden. Predominantly laid to lawn and bordered by original red brick walling, the garden has been beautifully designed by Chelsea Garden Show award winning garden designers Graduate Gardeners (www.graduategardeners.co.uk). This includes a range of mature plants and shrubs, pathways, discreet lighting and lawned areas from which residents can enjoy the sunshine.
There is a tarmac parking area at the front of the building which provides parking for many of the apartments, the balance will have access to parking permits via the local council on the surrounding streets.
Specification (subject to variation, correct at time of going to print)
Internal Finishes and Décor:
- Smooth finish plaster to walls and ceilings
- Dulux Brilliant White emulsion paint to walls
- Gloss white to skirting boards and architraves
- Porcelain and ceramic tiles to bathrooms
- Fitted pile carpets with high density underlay to bedrooms
- Built in wardrobes to most bedrooms.
- Regency style internal doors except units 12 to 15 having oak doors
- Solid oak flooring to living areas
- Custom designed range of high gloss wall and floor units (Clerkenwell)
- Solid quartz worktops
- Stainless steel designer sink with dual control mono block mixer
- Island units including breakfast bars to most kitchens
- Solid oak flooring
- A+ energy efficient Smeg & Samsung hobs
- Smeg fan assisted ovens
- A rated integrated washer/drier
- A rated integrated 50/50 split fridge/ freezer
- A rated integrated Smeg dishwasher
- Smeg extractor fans with extraction rate of 560m3/h
Bathrooms and En Suites (where appropriate):
- Electric under floor heating to all bathrooms with individual thermostatic control
- Contemporary cubic style concealed cisterns toilets with soft close seats
- Contemporary style white sanitary ware with vanity storage cabinets
- Walk in Showers to all en suites
- Chrome finish mono block style taps
- Chrome finish, thermostatically controlled showers with separate hand shower
- Porcelain & ceramic tiles
- Shaver sockets
- LED illuminated mirrors
Security and Electrics
- Video entry phone
- High security lock
- Flush finish stainless steel down lighters with LED lights
- Stainless steel light switches and sockets
- Mains operated heat and smoke alarms with a battery back up
- TV/FM/AM, broadband, telephone and wiring for satellite television (ability to do Sky+)
- Fitted pile carpets with high density underlay
- Fully managed communal areas
- Smoke vent to the communal area with central fireman switch
- Uniformed letter boxes inside main entrance
- Custom made storage cupboard hosing all the electricity meters in the lower ground floor
- Newly installed Vimec lift to all floors in main building
- Private gardens to units 14 and 15
- Stunning communal gardens designed by award winning Graduate Gardeners (www.graduategardeners.co.uk)
- Ten allocated parking spaces to apartments 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15.
- Separate communal bin storage area
Please note that the internal photography used in the marketing of this superb development is that of the show apartments and may not reflect the apartment to which they are attributed.
Nine Mile Development Ltd
Nine Mile Development Ltd was established in December 2013 by Russel Zimmerman and Steven Gee.
Prior to launching Nine Mile, both Russel and Steven were involved in the development and refurbishment of a significant number of properties and are well accustomed to the requirements and demands involved in delivering projects on time and as specified.
Previous projects include developments in Cheltenham, Banbury and Bourne End.
Mains water, mains drainage, mains electricity. Electric heating by controllable panel heaters, underfloor electric heating to bathrooms and en suites.
Share of Freehold with maintenance charges and ground rents to be agreed.
All the units are offered to the market with the benefit of a 10 year CRL Structural Warranty.
Cheltenham Borough Council. Tel: 01242 262626.
Once you have decided on your new apartment, please refer to the agents for the next steps. A Reservation Form will be supplied for you to complete and a non refundable Reservation Fee of £2000 will be required to hold the property for you for 28 days to allow you to exchange.
1 Heath Street
Streathers have worked with local firm Thomas Legal and have already undertaken a lot of the preliminary legal work required in the purchase. You are at liberty to use any firm of solicitors you wish, but if you wish to speed up the process then please contact Thomas Legal on the details below.
Brunswick Business Park
* Please note the photos do not necessarily relate to this specific property.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property
*Currency rates are updated daily at approximately 01:00 GMT | Property Reference Number: GBHMRSCLS170244
+44 (0) 1242 548 000
+44 (0) 1242 548 000