Newly restored duplex apartment set in the heart of the countryside.
Adjacent to St. Mathieu Church, St Matthew's Convent was built in 1884 for the Sisters of Saint André and has now been restored by Waddington Interiors into seven elegantly appointed residences in three different style palettes.
This duplex apartment set over the lower and upper ground floors has been designed in a traditional Contemporary Classic' style with modern subtlety and beautiful detail, soft textures and finishes in earthy tones balanced with rich and light marble, whilst maintaining plenty of its original character.
The upper ground floor, which features fantastic high ceilings allowing in lots of light, comprises of entrance hall leading into a large living/dining room, separate eat-in kitchen, fully fitted with Miele appliances, and house WC.
The lower ground floor comprises of a principal bedroom with separate dressing area and en suite bathroom with double wash hand basins, a separate bath and shower. The second bedroom offers built-in wardrobes and en suite shower room. Completing the apartment is a utility room, fitted with Miele washing machine and tumble dryer, and additional storage space.
Also benefitting from a private double garage and beautifully kept communal gardens.