An elegant and substantial half' of a Victorian villa, centrally located within in this private park on the West side of Tunbridge Wells
- reception hall
- 2 reception rooms
- kitchen/breakfast room
- boot room
- utility room
- master bedroom suite
- double bedroom
- family bathroom
- 2 double bedrooms
- family bathroom
- cellar storage
- South-facing garden with flagstone terrace
- off-street parking
- about 0.39 acres
- EPC = E
Hungershall Park is a character family house, situated in one of the town's most desirable locations, overlooking a private park. The accommodation benefits from the elegant proportions typical of houses of this period, retaining features such as high ceilings, deep skirting boards, picture rails, coving and wood sash windows.
Further points of note include:
- kitchen/breakfast room with a wide bay window to the front, offering lovely dining space with views to the open fields opposite. Painted wood units under marble worktops and integrated appliances including a microwave and dishwasher, with space for a range-style cooker and an American-style fridge/freezer. Island unit with a breakfast bar and space for a wine fridge;
- boot room with door out to the front and a separate utility room with fitted cupboards, a double sink and drainer and space for white goods;
- dual aspect drawing room with stripped floorboards and a marble fireplace with granite hearth and slips. Floor hatch giving access to cellar storage;
- light and spacious South-facing garden room with a wide square bay window giving a delightful view of the garden and glazed doors out to the flagstone terrace to the side and rear. Marble fireplace with a slate hearth;
- master bedroom suite, with a southerly outlook over the garden, fitted wardrobes and a luxuriously-proportioned en suite bath/shower room with under-floor heating;
- further double bedroom with decorative fireplace and a family bathroom on the first floor;
- 2 double bedrooms and a family bathroom on the second floor complete the accommodation
- futher room currently arranged as a study complete with integrated office storage and desk space
The property is accessed from Hungershall Park via electrically-operated wooden gates opening onto a gravel driveway, providing space for parking to the front and side of the house. The gravel area continues beside the house, opening out behind the kitchen where a fountain provides a focal point.
Beyond the water feature, an evergreen hedge screens the large flagstone terrace, a central gate providing access to the terrace which wraps around across the back of the house and can also be accessed from the garden room, creating an area ideal for outdoor living and entertaining.
The South-facing rear garden extends to about 195 ft in length and is arranged on several tiers sloping down towards Cabbage Stalk Lane, onto which a pedestrian gate gives access. Mature trees and hedging to the boundaries combined with close-boarded fencing and part-rendered brick walls provide a good level of privacy which is further enhanced by tall clipped beech hedging across the garden, dividing two of the levels.
Substantial family home situated within a private park in sought after location.Jade Kent