Exceptional contemporary home. A luxuriously-appointed and well-equipped detached house, with gardens and grounds of just under 11 acres.
Moor Court is a most impressive bespoke contemporary property set in a large plot with views to Ashdown Forest. Completed in 2014 in the vernacular style, the house has been designed to a meticulous specification by domicile architectural design on behalf of the current owner to create an exceptional family house with outstanding leisure and entertainment facilities.
The accommodation is generously-proportioned, with high ceilings and good-sized rooms with a sense of quality derived from the substantial construction including concrete floors throughout. The luxurious finish comprises extensive marble flooring with underfloor heating, Villeroy & Boch sanitaryware to the bathrooms and cloakrooms and bespoke joinery throughout.
The technical specification includes a Lutron lighting circuit which underpins a sophisticated lighting provision incorporating LED fittings with feature lighting in key rooms. In addition, a Crestron Home Automation system allows for control of the services, including heating, lighting and sound, from an iPad anywhere in the house as well as from strategically-positioned hard-wired control panels. The commercial-grade wi-fi system is designed to ensure a seamless internet service throughout the house and day-to-day comfort is enhanced by means of a heat recovery ventilation system with the added benefit of comfort cooling when required. Further points of note include:
- dramatic triple-height entrance hall, with a stunning individually-designed curved marble staircase rising to the first and second floors. A lantern rooflight above bathes the area with natural light, the effect amplified by a glass balustrade to the staircase and landings and bifold doors or windows on each landing giving views to the rear across the grounds;
- stunning kitchen/breakfast room with a vaulted ceiling featuring exposed beams and a fully-glazed gable-end wall incorporating bifold doors to a Southwest-facing terrace. The fitted oak units under quartz worktops are arranged as three island units housing a selection of hobs, a sink and a dishwasher as well as extensive storage, with a range of cupboards and more substantial integrated appliances along the far wall;
- informal sitting room with bifold doors to the terrace and double half-glazed doors through to a dining room, currently arranged as a snooker room, with a delightful outlook to the front;
- drawing room with a stone fireplace with granite slips and hearth and bifold doors leading out to the garden terrace, framing wonderful views to the lake and woodland beyond;
- palatial master bedroom suite with an uninterrupted view through bifold doors over the garden to the Ashdown Forest, a fully-fitted dressing room complete with concealed kitchenette and an en suite bathroom with walk-in rainfall shower, freestanding slipper bath and his and hers' W.C.s. A private roof terrace to the side can be accessed via French doors from the bedroom;
- two further en suite double bedrooms on the first floor;
- guest bedroom suite with a double bedroom, a dressing room and a shower room and two additional en suite bedrooms, together with a laundry closet, on the second floor complete the principal accommodation in the house.
A staircase leads down from the kitchen to the lower ground floor leisure suite with glass partitions enabling the scope of the space to be fully appreciated. Double glass doors open to the pool area, with a spa pool set into the marble flooring and curved steps leading down between elegant columns to the pool itself. Bifold doors open out to a South-facing terrace with a circular, partly open-sided building, suitable for use as an outside bar or barbecue, to one side.
The gym leads through to a master shower/changing room and cloakroom, with additional shower rooms, a storage cupboard, a sauna and steam room. To the far end lies a stunning cinema room, with feature lighting, a bar and an expanse of bifold doors opening out to a sunken terrace.
A staff flat comprising a sitting room/kitchen, bathroom and double bedroom is situated at first floor level. Access is via a dedicated staircase leading from the side hall, with its door out to the parking area.
The property is set well within its own gardens of about 3.58 acres. The attractive approach from the road is via a sweeping driveway through an avenue of neatly-clipped hornbeams. The drive curves around a stunning Liquidambar before opening out to a generous turning and parking area in front of the house and integral garage, bordered by wide shrub beds planted for seasonal colour and texture.
Gardens and woodland
A paved terrace spans the rear of the house from which lawns sweep down towards the lake to the Northwest, providing a superb setting for outdoor living and entertaining. Steps and a path lead down from the terrace via a further circular terrace with an ornamental pond at its centre, to the lake. A decked jetty offers an ideal spot for enjoyment of the surroundings and the wildlife it attracts.
A gravel driveway leads off the main drive to the timber barn, from which a rough track continues on to the woodland. A shingle path meets the driveway to the western end of the lake, forming a charming walking route back up to the house.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property
Exceptionally high contemporary specification throughout with outstanding indoor pool, gym and cinema complex.Robert Jacobs