An attractive Grade II Listed thatched Farmhouse dating from 1685.
This lovely Grade II listed Farmhouse dates from 1685 is constructed of stone and is part rendered under a thatch roof with later additions. The house has been modernised and improved by the current owners but offers potential to further extend subject to the necessary planning consents.
The Farmhouse kitchen has a central island unit with wood and granite work tops, a range of floor and wall mounted cupboards and drawer units, again with granite work tops with fitted range cooker. In the kitchen too is a brick built fireplace with wood burner and shelved recess to one side, terracotta tile flooring and wooden ceiling beams. The cosy sitting room has a stone fireplace housing a wood burning stove, from the sitting room, a wooden spindle partition leads through a door way to the dining room which has another fine stone fireplace, exposed wooden ceiling beams and a window overlooks the rear garden with a window seat. The dining room has a stone tile floor.
The downstairs accommodation also offers a double bedroom which has a wooden floor and a door to an en suite shower room making it a lovely comfortable guest suite. This bedroom also has the benefit of access via the back door, so could be used as self-contained accommodation. Further accommodation downstairs comprises a useful utility room, a cloakroom and study/home office.
Upstairs from the first floor landing there are lovely views over the fields to the front of the house and there is a range of fitted cupboards, doors lead to all further rooms which include a recently updated family bathroom and three double bedrooms. The main bedroom has an en suite shower room .
The gardens are a particular feature, mainly laid to lawn, well established, with a number of fruit trees, flower beds and borders. There are productive vegetable beds and a greenhouse. The views are enjoyed from a large paved terrace area with a barbecue and a bespoke pizza oven.
The rear garden is approached via a timber five bar gate and leads through to a gravelled driveway providing ample car parking and to the left hand side is a detached, double fronted carport with adjoining workshop.
The original detached stone barn is currently used as a workshop/store but subject to the relevant planning consents this could be utilised as a studio, annex or home office.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property
I love the character of this farmhouse with its nooks and cranniesLizzie Ball