Wine tourism estate with 10 ha organic vineyard
This spectacular vineyard estate dates from the 12th century, when the area was still a Spanish province. It belonged originally to the Count of Aragon and was attached to the fiefdom of the abbey of Caunes-Minervois.
The property spreads over 78 ha in one single plot and enjoys panoramic view in a bucolic, undisturbed setting. Located approximately 20 km from Carcassonne, the domain is easily accessed being circa 50km from Toulouse international airport, Beziers and the Mediterranean coast, and striking distance from the Spanish border.
The estate comprises an impressive set of buildings with a ground surface area of approximately 3000 m2 and includes:
- 2 main houses of 300m² each, sharing a private courtyard and wooded park.
- 150m² guest house with a private garden of 400m²
- 4 B&B guest rooms
- "Auberge" with reception hall for events/weddings, seminar hall and professional kitchen.
- 30m² wellness area and swimming pool with an expansive terrace.
- A further 130m2 house, for renovation.
The winery has been built partly underground and covers two levels.
Vinification, ageing and bottling is carried out on the lower level over 500m² of floor space. Clients are well received in a bright and welcoming tasting room.
The estate covers a total of 78 ha, comprising 50 ha of productive agricultural land as follows:
- 10.3 ha of vineyard, of which 7.3 ha classed AOP Minervoisand 3 ha in IGP zone
- 32 ha arable land
- 4.6 ha permanent grassland and forage crops
- 1,5 ha truffle oaks
- 0,5 ha olive groves
- 0,25 ha orchard
- 0,15 ha vegetable garden
The vineyard was classed organic by Ecocertin 2016 but has been farmed with an organic dynamic for over 30 years. No insecticides or chemical fertilizers have been used since 1989, and weed killers have not been used since 2000.
For further information please contact Savills directly.
* Please note that the location on the map is not exact *
* Agency fees are paid by the purchaser*
*This property is available to view via video call