A substantial Grade II listed country house providing extensive accommodation and set within mature grounds.
Lock House is a substantial country house built in about 1900 in the Vernacular Revival style. The property was refurbished and extended in the 1930s for the Harvey family, and in more recent years has been further reconfigured to provide a home of quality and comfort, complete with a leisure complex with indoor swimming pool. Many of the Art Deco features have been retained.
The property is approached from the drive through a porte-cochere which leads to the fine reception hall with Jacobean style carved staircase.
Features of particular note include the elegant south facing drawing room with marble fireplace and the Walnut Room with its beautiful panelling. The potential kitchen/family room occupies the former ballroom and is ideal for modern family life.
The majority of the bedrooms are arranged in suites, including an extensive and luxuriously appointed principal suite.
Including the adjoining three bedroom staff accommodation and leisure complex, the main residence extends in all to nearly 20,000 sq ft. In addition there is extensive garaging and a guest cottage.
The gardens, grounds and associated land extend in all to about 84.75 acres.
The property has been the subject of recent reconfiguration, therefore the accompanying floorplans are to be used as guide only and do not represent the current layout of the property.
There are public footpaths within the boundary, please refer to the site plan and the Agent for further details.
There is a farming agreement which ends September 2020 and is currently being renewed for a further three years.
View payable Stamp Duty for this property