A farmyard development opportunity with full planning consent for the creation of five residential dwellings with gardens and parking in a popular Northamptonshire village.
An exciting opportunity to create five dwellings from a collection of substantial late 18th or early 19th century traditional, mainly stone, farm buildings and stables. The site is located on the northern edge of Titchmarsh village, within the Conservation Area, close to the junction of North and Chapel Streets. The village is popular with families and commuters.
Full Planning Consent has been granted by East Northamptonshire District Council (ref. 17/00692/FUL),
dated 5th April 2017, for the demolition of some existing farm buildings and the conversion of the remaining traditional barns. The Planning Consent allows for the development of 1 x two, 2 x three and 2 x four bedroom dwellings and includes landscaping, parking and access.
The buildings allow for a mix of single and two storey dwellings. The proposed alterations seek to re-use original features and openings, using timber or alternative wood doors and windows. These are further augmented by additional low-key openings and conservation style black metal roof-lights. Whilst details of all materials and roofing need to be submitted to the LPA prior to commencement of any works, the roofs are shown in the consented plans as slate covered. As such the buildings are designed to retain their traditional barn-like appearance and all have defined gardens and parking within the plans.
The consented units comprise: -
Unit 1: A two storey three bedroom house GIA 2185 sq ft;
Unit 2: A two storey four bedroom house GIA 1991.32 sq ft;
Unit 3: A single storey three bedroom house GIA 1248 sq ft;
Unit 4: A single storey two bedroom house GIA 925 sq ft;
Unit 5: A two storey four bedroom house GIA 2421 sq ft.
17/00692/FUL, dated 5th April 2017.