A nautical residential barn set in a working farm with views over open countryside
Cottage Barn was refurbished in 2002 incorporating in the design a nautical feel throughout. There is a large covered verandah at the front of the property. The front door opens into an open plan, almost circular room comprising sitting room, kitchen/breakfast area, large hallway with wooden stairs to first floor and access off to the utility room, laundry area and a further sitting room/playroom/office which has glass doors to outside. The sitting room has French doors leading out onto a verandah shaped in the bow of a boat and overlooking the pond. On the first floor accommodation comprises a central landing with skylight windows. There are four double bedrooms, a master bedroom with ensuite and French doors to upper verandah, family bathroom with bath, shower and WC.
The property can let be let furnished, partly furnished or unfurnished.
The septic tank is emptied regularly by the farm and this cost is included in the rent. The water is obtained from a borehole and the cost of this is also included in the rent.
The garden at Cottage Barn is accessed from the kitchen and provides a small grassed area and a patio area. The property benefits from views over open countryside creating a feeling of space.
1. Subject to contract the house is to be let on an assured shorthold tenancy on a minimum term of 12 months.
2. The tenant is responsible for the payment of usual outgoings.
3. A returnable deposit equivalent to 5 weeks rent will be required prior to the commencement of the tenancy. This sum will be returned at the end of the term less any amount for dilapidations or breaches of the terms of the tenancy agreement.
4. Pets permitted at owners discretion.
5. The Tenant is responsible for the gardening
Mains electricity. Septic tank drainage. Calor gas heating. Borehole water
Strictly by appointment with Savills